In October Canadians have chosen the Liberal Party of Canada and they have return the party to rule for another term. People inside and outside the Canada are hoping for the realization of initiatives like increase immigration-levels and Municipal Nominee Program.
The Liberal Party in the leadership of Justin Trudeau won 157 of 338 electoral districts. This turnout earned just 33.1% of the popular vote, down from 39.5% in last campaign of election 2015. Conservative Party of Canada won 121 seats, Bloc Québécois 32, New Democratic Party 24, Green Party won 3, and 1 goes to an independent candidate.
Who will be the next Prime Minister?
Justin Trudeau will remain the Prime Minister for another term.
How it would affect immigration policies?
The Liberals agenda for announcing several proposals in relations to Canada’s immigration policy contained interesting plans.
- Multi-year immigration plan that was introduced back in 2017 calls for Canada to welcome more than 1 million newcomers to Canada by 2021 and beyond.
- Liberal’s agenda highlights the importance and need for Business and Investment Immigration which will be a key to build a stronger Canada in economic terms.”
- Introduction of Municipal Nominee Program that will allow local communities, chambers of commerce, and local labor councils to directly sponsor permanent immigrants through Businesses and Investments streams.
- The Liberals aren’t likely to introduce major changes to Canada’s Express Entry system.
- The number of newcomers immigrating to Canada through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is also set to increase year-on-year.
Free of Cost Citizenship for Permanent Residents
Currently an adult have to pay $630 in total to get the Canadian citizenship. Trudeau led Liberals have vowed to waive citizenship fees for eligible permanent residents.
Under the current policy plans immigration levels for Business Immigration to Canada are set to rise during Liberal government tenure. The target is to increase the overall number of immigrants to more than 1 million by 2021.
IMMIGRATION WAYS, the Expert in investment and business immigration with more than 15 years of experience in application assistance and processing can assist you in your immigration goal to ensure everything would complete according to Canadian Standards.