Since January 2020 till July 22, 2020, OINP has issued 70 Invitation to Apply after scoring between 134 and 200. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) via Entrepreneur stream permits entrepreneurs and businessmen, outside of Canada, to either start a business or buy an existing one.
Applicants are identified and nominated, then conceded with the 3-year work permit. Later on, it can be converted into the permanent residence after specific requirements are met including establishing business & creating 1-2 job opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is the province’s economic immigration program of Canada. It collaborates with the Government of Canada through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
For an OINP nomination, foreign workers including individual who wish to do business in the province, international students, skilled professionals, can apply. The OINP recognizes Ontario economic needs and approves candidates to fill economic demand.
Eligibility for a nomination:
- Foreign worker job offer category: Workers with a permanent job offer from an Ontario foreign worker since the employment.
- Human capital category: Workers having valuable work experience, education, language skills, along with the profile in Canada’s Express Entry system.
- Business Category: Businessman or Senior Manager interested to start a new or purchasing an existing business in Ontario with minimum investment of CA$ 200,000.
You must be looking to establish a new business, or to purchase and expand an existing business in Ontario as an entrepreneur.
Eligibility for the Entrepreneur stream is as follows;
- Work experience of 2 years in last 5 years.
- Optional & preferable, Minimum education requirement is Bachelors.
- Minimum basic English language Proficiency
- Your minimum Net Worth should be: CAD $400,000
- Your minimum Investment should be: CAD $200,000