Often the two most sought out countries for immigration are UK and Canada. People always find themselves in difficulty when making a decision on where to apply for whether it is for education or living or working. Below are three major comparison points between Canada and the UK
For undergrad courses in the UK, the top-ranking universities had a pre-requisite demand of at least 13 years of pre-university education. Recently, this rule has been changed and now the universities recognize CBSE plus-two certificate for admission to UG courses.
For postgraduate courses, you can easily get admission after completing a three-year Undergraduate degree. If you want to get management courses, you have to appear for GMAT. But if you want to go for science courses, the GRE test may not be applicable to all universities. You may want to check with your desired university first before proceeding any further.
For undergraduate courses in Canada, you need to have at least 12 years of pre-university education. Admission in universities is based on SATs. For a complete degree course, the duration is up to 4 years while a diploma program may be of two to three years.
For postgraduate courses, vocational education is a lot easier to acquire as the admission criteria are significantly relaxed. Similar to the UK, you need to appear for GMAT for management courses and GRE for engineering courses.
In the UK, a full-time student visa is known as the Tier 4 student visa. In recent years, British immigration has become a lot stricter and as such the visa processing is significantly a lot more difficult. Following rules apply when applying for a visa in UK
- Granted only for a full time study program
- Three years maximum visa for a diploma course
- Four years maximum visa for a degree education from a university
- May or may not be called to a consulate for a personal interview
- May or may not be allowed to work on a part time basis during your studies
Following rules apply for Canada:
- Must appear for post graduate work permit within 90 days of finishing your studies
- Spouses can work full time if their stay is for a year or more
- Cannot work for more than 20 hours per week. During holidays, the student may work up to 40 hours per week.
Top jobs in the UK are corporate managers, directors, mechanical engineers, aircraft pilots, nurses etc.
Jobs like nurse practitioner, program analyst, teacher, pharmacist, financial manager, construction manager etc. are some of the most sought after positions in Canada.